A big thank you to Liam over at Motion Picture Blog for nominating me for my first Sunshine Blogger Award! Check out his great site for thoughtful movie reviews, lists, and other features!
The stipulations for the award:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions they set you
- Pick another 11 bloggers (and let them know they are nominated!)
- Set them 11 questions
Now let’s get to the questions Liam set for me:
1. If you were stuck in a room for 48 hours and you were allowed to watch one film to pass the time, what would it be?
My first thought was a cozy, nostalgic, feel-good film to comfort me in my state of locked-down isolation, which for me would probably be O Brother, Where Art Thou? or Little Miss Sunshine. But my second thought was that perhaps a good film for this situation would be a “thinker” film that really encourages multiple viewings so as to pick up on details or points you missed out on the first time around–Inception or another of Christopher Nolan’s heady films might fit in that category!
2. Who is your favourite actor?
3. Who is your favourite actress?
4. Which genre of film do you most dislike?
Honestly, I’ve yet to encounter a genre that I’ve disliked completely, but I will say that I just can’t stomach some of the extra gory horror flicks out there!
5. If you could bring back one famous person from the dead for a coffee and a chat, who would it be?
I’m a theology grad student, so I’ll have to say Jesus! http://radiofreebabylon.com/Comics/CoffeeWithJesus.php
6. What are your personal goals/ambitions for the future of your blog?
I’m always open to more followers and comments and discussion, but I’m content with the small group of fellow film bloggers that I’ve built up rapport with here and I’m just pleased I’ve managed to keep my blog going this long! Hope to continue to blog as long as I can though! 🙂
7. What is the scariest film you have ever watched?
Hmm. Tough to say! I need to watch more horror flicks! The Babadook is one that comes to mind-definitely gave me lots of jumps and chills!
8. Have you had anyone else write for your blog?
Nope, but I’m definitely open to it–hit me up if you’re a film blogger and you’d like to collaborate in some way! 🙂
9. Who is your favourite superhero and why?
Keep in mind I’m only familiar with the film depictions of superheros, but I’ll say Iron Man. Love his wit and technological brilliance!
10. If you could travel back in time and watch one older film in the cinema when it was released, what film would it be?
The very first motion picture ever made, if I could see it with the eyes of someone who actually lived in that time!
11. Are there any films you think are really overrated?
Funny you should ask! 😉 I’ve got a whole list–check out my Top 10 Most Overrated Films to see what films I’ve got on there!
Thanks again to Liam at Motion Picture Blog for the nomination, and for the great questions!
And here are my 11 nominees:
Movie reviews, lists, and so much more
Monday Morning Movie Quarterback
Jason’s Movie Blog
Reviewed by Brett
ASSHOLES WATCHING MOVIES
The Blazing Reel
Gareth Rhodes Film Reviews
SHOT ON 35
Film Music Central
The Lily Notepad
And my 11 questions for those that choose to participate:
1. Favourite film starting with A?
2. Favourite movie title?
3. What music have you been listening to lately?
4. Dream job?
5. Favourite movie poster?6. Favourite summer activity?
7. Favourite winter activity?
8. Most memorable eating experience?
9. Have you ever walked out of a movie? Which one and why?
10. Most enjoyable grade in school?
11. Favourite movie director? Pick ONE! 🙂
Looking forward to seeing all of your answers! Cheers, and thanks for reading.