Some exciting news (at least for me): By my calculations, I just reached 500 reviews on Joel Watches Movies with my last post on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009)! And to celebrate this milestone, and because I’ll look for any excuse to do this sort of stuff, here’s some interesting (again, at least for me) statistical tidbits on the 500 reviews I’ve posted thus far:
1. Of the 500 films I’ve rated, more have been rated 7 (Good) than any other rating, coming in at 102 films, or just over 20%. The least used rating? A perfect 10, sadly coming in at 0! (I have faith that it’ll come one of these days!) The full ratings breakdown is as follows:
2. Any regular readers of this blog will know I’m not exactly a reliable go-to source for timely reviews on all the latest releases; my 2017 movie count is currently sitting at a mere 7. (Sorry!) But looking at the count for other years I think reveals what my expected lag time should be: The year with the most titles reviewed is 2014, with 39, so expect me to catch up on all the major releases of 2017 by the end of 2020 or so! 😉
3. As for reviews by decade, the 2010s still comes in first (so I’m not that irrelevant) with 166 films, or about 33%. The rest of the breakdown shows smaller numbers as you go back in time, making it my New Years resolution to watch more films pre-1980! Or should I be focusing on keeping up with new releases? You tell me!
4. Most-watched director so far? It’s the Coen Brothers, coming in at 10 films, followed by Steven Spielberg at 9, and Martin Scorcese and Wes Anderson at 8 each.
5. Most-seen actors:
6. Most-seen actresses (another resolution: watch more women-led films!):
7. Most-liked reviews:
8. Least-liked reviews (there’s probably more, but here’s some with 0 likes. Want to give them some love? :P):
9. Most active followers (you three are the best!!)
And whether you comment or not, just want to give a big thanks to all of you who even just occasionally stop by to check out my humble blog–it means a lot! It’s been so much fun over the past 2 and a half years or so interacting with fellow movie lovers here on WordPress, and I look forward to hopefully many years more. Feel free to let me know if you have any movies you’d really to see reviewed, or any features or improvements you’d think my blog could benefit from. I’m always open to feedback and conversation! Cheers,